Dennis Hermanzo is back!
A State of Mind is in the same style as what he has become known for with his other books… making memorable mentalism by using classical principles with audience-tested routines from his own repertoire! In other words, stuff that works in the “real world!”
This book will teach you 19 powerful, direct, hard-hitting and high-impact mentalism routines using classic props and everyday items. These routines are meant for the working, performing mentalist whose goal is to project a powerful impact on his audience!
It also contains four longer essays in which Dennis goes deeper into his views on how to become a better performer, how to overcome stage fright and much more.
If you are a fan of Dennis’s previous work, we are sure of that you will love this book!
The book is full of creative and diabolical material accomplished with a minimum of props or sleights. All in classical mentalism style with the adaptations of simple, classic proven methods designed to “kill” lay people on stage and close-up.
Hardbound featuring 296 pages chock full of illustrations, images, photos and content. Edited by: Bill Trotter.
Here are some of the contents:
- Foreword by Steve Drury
- Head, Heart, and Imagination (Essay)
- A Few Special Ones (A great opening piece that gets everyone involved, with a fun demonstration of psychology – it ends with a killer prediction.)
- The Lying Truth (A lie detector routine that you can do anytime and anywhere.)
- The Psychic Wife (Mind reading from afar!)
- The Mind of a Rose (Three women, four roses and one finale with an emotional connection!)
- No Hands, Just the Mind (A sweet demonstration of mind reading & then mind control, using a blindfold and two bottles of soda.)
- A Question, an Answer… Let’s Post-it (A Q&A/message reading act for just a few spectators.)
- Piece of Mind (Essay)
- Til Death Do Us Part (A shocking “one out of two” effect.)
- The Chairman of Power (A chair routine with only one chair that is actually fun for the spectators to watch!)
- Intuition vs Poker Face (A demonstration of how a woman’s intuition always wins over a man’s poker face. This is one of Dennis’s favorite pieces that he has ever performed!)
- Easy Card Calling (An easy card-calling effect using an ungimmicked deck of cards.)
- Full of Emptiness (What type of person is she? The mentalist always knows!)
- The Right State of Mind (Essay)
- Crush the Spider (A “danger effect” without any gimmicks whatsoever.)
- The Number of the Beast (Numerology linked to a borrowed bill.)
- The Psychic Hotline (A book test over the phone for stage performers.)
- Siblings (A simple routine with three playing cards, but with a strong impact!)
- Passion or Fear (A killer prediction effect.)
- Cheers/Mark II (A diabolical script so well thought out. No matter what the spectator chooses, the mentalist does and says exactly the same, and it will have the same outcome!)
- Homage to Bob Cassidy
- The Art of Russian Roulette (Dennis’s alternative version of Bob Cassidy’s masterpiece with a completely different climax using spray cans.)
- The Artful Diary (Bob Cassidy’s Diary Book Test the Hermanzo way.)
- ???? (Essay)
- The End
“A State of Mind is essential reading for anyone interested in the art of mentalism. It’s full of charming, mystifying and original routines, as well as four valuable essays on how to become a better mentalist. Dennis loves the art and – fortunately for us – is happy to share his many years of performing experience with his readers. As well as providing everything necessary to perform each effect, Dennis also includes detailed notes, credits and inspirations. I enjoyed these just as much as the effects. I predict that A State of Mind will become the top-rated mentalism book of the year.”
– Richard Webster
“A book for every mentalist, and even magicians. It has many insights that are right on and is full of wonder. I hope every mentalist reads it. They really must… I love it!”
– Marc Salem
“Dennis Hermanzo is soon going to become a big name in the mentalism field. Every book he has released contains strong, direct and to-the-point routines. This is what makes mentalism entertaining! In this book you will find so much material that you can immediately add to your repertoire. Well done, bravo Dennis!”
– Luca Volpe
“He has done it again!! Dennis continues to share more gems of quality thinking and inspirational content; again eminently practical for any other mystery performer to adapt into their own repertoire. Another volume of his, worthy of inclusion alongside some of the better books in any performer’s collection.”
– Steve Drury (Co-Founder of PSYCRETS British Society of Mystery Entertainers.)